The Council will work to ensure the provision of high quality services in our community through the application of good governance, accountability and transparency to improve the quality of life of its residents.
Parish Council meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month (with the exception of August) at 7.30pm in Chiddingly Village Hall. Planning Committee meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month.
The agenda for both the parish council and planning committee meetings are published on the website, with at least three working days notice of the meeting.
Parishioners are welcome to attend the meetings, and before each meeting formally convenes they may ask questions and/or make a statement.
Agendas and Minutes are available by email. Please contact the clerk to be added to the mailing list.
The parish council would like to thank the following people for kindly sharing their photos on our website.
Lucy Carnaghan, Jane Brymer, Rosie Dadswell, Max Higgs, Martin Surgey, Caroline Surgey, Steve Tolhurst, Ruth Rance, Rachael Smith, Mike Goss, Steve Newham.
What to do if you have frozen or burst pipes:
Water pipes can freeze if they are not properly insulated and can then burst as the thaw comes.
South East Water, which supplies drinking water to 2.2 million customers across Kent, Sussex, Surrey and parts of Hampshire, has the following advice:
Should you find you have no water, first check the South East Water website In Your Area map at inyourarea.digdat.co.uk/southeastwater to see if there is a problem on the supply network.
If no incident is showing, check with your neighbours to see if they have water. If they do, you should check for frozen pipes and take action to prevent a burst, which can cause damage.
If your pipes have frozen:
- Turn off the water supply at the stop tap
- Slowly thaw the pipes by wrapping them in warm materials like towels starting at the end nearest to the tap.
- You could ask your neighbour for some warm water to soak the towels in to speed up the process.
- Never use a naked flame or blowtorch to thaw frozen pipes
If your pipes burst:
- Turn off the stop tap
- Open all taps to drain the system quickly
- Soak up/block off escaping water with thick towels
- Call a qualified plumber. To find your nearest WaterSafe accredited plumber visit watersafe.org.uk
- If water has leaked near your electrics or into any electrical appliances, switch them off at the mains
- Turn off taps once the pipework is repaired to avoid further flooding
If you and your neighbours do not have water and no incident is showing on the South East Water website, call 0333 000 0002 to report the problem.
For details on how to wrap up homes for winter go to: southeastwater.co.uk/wrap-up-for-winter.
Visit our website for more tips
Anyone experiencing a power cut should:
- Call 105 to report power cuts and damage to the electricity network, or 0800 3163 105 (from a corded phone or mobile phone if you have no power)
- Visit www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk for the latest updates
- Visit www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/powercut and type in their postcode to view our live power cut map
- Tweet @ukpowernetworks to report a power cuts or to receive updates
We advise people to stay clear of power lines and report damaged power lines immediately by calling 105 free from either a landline or a mobile phone. If they see electricity lines that are down or causing significant risk to the public they should call 999.
We provide extra help to customers on our Priority Service Register during a power cut. Households with older or disabled people, those with children under five, or where someone uses medical or mobility equipment that requires electricity as well as other reasons can join the register. You can find out more information about our Priority Service on our website: ukpowernetworks.co.uk/priority.
Spring Clean - new date: 10th March 2018 - due to the current weather conditions.
Chiddingly Spring Clean. Would you be able to spare some time next Saturday (10th March 2018) to help with a clean up of our community? The parish council are taking part in the Great British Spring Clean, and would really love your help, to make the parish clear of any litter. We have litter pickers and gloves etc - all we need from your is your time - even if its just for an hour. If you think you could help then please contact Cllr Beryl Marchant on 01825 872998. The plan is to start at about 0930 on Saturday 10th March.
1st December 2017 - The Angel and the Fiend.
7th December 2017 - WI Christmas Party.
21st December 2017 - Swingshift Charity Concert.
19th January 2018 - Lachelle Link AGM
10th February 2018 - East Hoathly Church Fundraising Event: Rock Around the Clock.
3rd March 2018 - Friends of Chiddingly Church annual fundraising event.
7th April 2018 - Village Hall Fundraising Quiz.
The next parish church yard clean up is in October - if you would like to join them you would be very welcome.
Email Nick Sharp email@example.com